Once your order has been completed, you will receive an order confirmation email. Please check your spam folder if this email doesn’t appear in your inbox.Orders are despatched within 2 working daysWhen your order is on its way, we’ll send you an email to confirm this, along with tracking number.
We measure as accurately as possible. The vintage old label sizes are not the same as modern sizing. When measuring for fit,
please follow the size charts below to ensure the measurements will work for you. However, we do recommend that you compare the measurements of the item you are interested in against something similar you already own that fits you perfectly, that way you will ensure a good fit.
We usually take measurements while the item is lying flat and unstretched.
Coats and Blouses
- Arm length is measured from shoulder seam to wrist hem.
- Bust measured from underarm, across the chest to the other underarm, then measurement is doubled.
- Length is measured from shoulder to hem, or straight down the back not including collar.
- Waist is measured across where a normal waist would fall and then doubled.
Dresses and Skirts
- Dress length is measured from shoulder to hem.
- Waist is measured across where an average waist falls, then doubled.
- Skirt length is measured from waistband to hem.
- Hips are measured across where an average hip falls, then doubled.
- Jacket, shoulder is measured shoulder to shoulder
- Jacket, chest, Measure from armpit to armpit.
- Jacket, back, Measure from the neck seam in a straight line down the centre of the back to the back hem.
- Trousers, waist: Measured with the waist buttoned and fully extended.
- Trousers, back rise, Measurements are from the back rise from the crotch seam to the top of the trouser waistband.
- Trousers, front rise, Measurements from the crotch seam to the top of the trouser waistband.
- Trousers, thigh, Measurements right below the crotch seam across the leg width.
- Trousers, hem, Measure across the hem.
- Waistcoat, chest, Measurements from armpit to armpit laid flat.
- Waistcoat, back, Measurements taken from the back length from the top to the hem of the back
Women’s Vintage Size Chart
|X-Small||32 & under||23 & under||34 & under||6|
|Small||32 – 34||23 – 25||34 – 36||8|
|Med||34 – 37||26 – 28||36 – 39||10 – 12|
|Large||37 – 40||29 – 31||39 – 41||12 – 14|
|X-Large||39 – 43||41 – 44||41 – 44||14 – 16|
Men’s Vintage Size Chart
|X-Small||32 – 34||24 & under|
|Small||35 – 37||26 – 32|
|Med||38 – 41||33 – 35|
|Large||42 – 45||36 – 38|
|X-Large||46 – 48||39+|
Item Condition Rating
|Mint / Near Perfect||A rare find. Item has no apparent flaws|
|Excellent||Some very slight flaws. Hardly noticeable|
|Very Good||Some flaws that may need attention prior to wearing|
|Good||Apparent flaws that will need to be addressed|
|Fair||Significant flaws that may be repairable. Item suitable for study|